Book Cash Fast agrees to purchase items from you, the customer, according to the following conditions. By submitting a buyback order, you also agree to these policies and procedures.
Buyback: books and other items sold from a customer to Book Cash Fast.
Buyback Quote: the current posted buyback price at the time a customer completes a buyback transaction.
ISBN: acronym for International Standard Book Number, an ISBN is a 10 or 13- digit number that uniquely identifies a specific edition of a book or access card.
“Shipping” Buyback Order: Items sold from a customer to Book Cash Fast which the customer is shipping to our location.
“Pickup” Buyback Order: Items sold from a customer to Book Cash Fast which we are picking up from the customer.
Book Condition & Related Factors
Upon receipt of a shipping buyback order, or, upon arrival for a pickup buyback order, Book Cash Fast employees will evaluate your items and determine their condition according to the following categories. These categories determine the amount you will receive. A book must be, at a minimum, in “Good” condition to receive the full buyback amount. All books which meet or exceed the following minimum standards will receive 100% of the buyback quote:
- May display moderate highlighting.
- May display minimal notations.
- May display moderate rounded or “dog eared” pages (curling or creasing at the corners).
- Cover may display moderate wear and / or minimal creasing.
- A moderate amount of pages may display creasing.
- No water / spill damage; missing / torn / loose / stained pages; binding damage; odors such as perfume, cigarette, mildew, etc.
- Student workbooks (workbooks that accompany textbooks) with any amount of writing / completed review questions, are considered “acceptable” condition. We cannot purchase student workbooks if more than a minimal amount of the review questions have been completed.
- Book’s CD missing, if applicable.
- Access code used / scratched off, if applicable
- May display highlighting and / or notations (cannot be excessive).
- May display a minimal amount of water damage (cannot have mildew odor); but no stains from other types of spills such as coffee, etc.
- May display a minimal amount of staining on cover or outer part of pages from typical wear and tear.
- May display minimal damage to the binding, but no loose / missing pages. Book must be entirely intact.
- Cover may display wear, minimal damage, but no missing covers or covers which sections have been completely torn off / removed.
- A very minimal amount of pages may display tears, but any tears cannot affect or obscure the understanding / legibility of the text.
“Poor” condition: We do not purchase books in poor condition. Poor condition books might include any of the following:
- Odors such as cigarette, perfume, mildew, etc.
- Any stains, aside from minimal amount of water stains or mild staining from typical use.
- Missing / loose pages or page sections torn off.
- Missing covers or missing sections of covers.
- Broken spine.
- Mold / mildew.
- Excessive writing or highlighting.
- Student workbooks (workbooks that accompany textbooks) with more than a minimal amount of the review questions completed.
Receipt of books in “poor” condition: Procedures
Shipping Buyback Orders: “Poor” condition books will be donated to charity or recycled and no payment will be issued. These books will not be returned to the customer.
Pickup Buyback Orders: Should a Book Cash Fast employee determine a book is in poor condition upon arrival / inspection, no payment will be issued for the book(s) in question. The book will remain in the possession / ownership of the customer.
Book Buyback Quotes
When a customer sells item(s) to Book Cash Fast, they will receive a quote determined according to Book Cash Fast's inventory levels and current market value. Book Cash Fast will pay the customer this amount if the following conditions are met:
- Shipping Buyback Orders: Book Cash Fast receives the item(s) within 21 days of the creation of the buyback quote. During the 21-day period, Book Cash Fast will protect the customer’s original quoted price should the value of the buyback quote as posted on Book Cash Fast's site decreases. In the event a book(s) arrives after the 21-day period, the customer will be paid according to the buyback quote posted on the site less any condition adjustments at the time the order is processed. Customers are strongly encouraged to ship their orders promptly to ensure the book arrives in time.
- Book Cash Fast receives the items as described in the original order. Book Cash Fast recommends its customers take extra care when inputting buyback order information, as many textbooks have multiple editions, including international editions and instructor’s editions, which Book Cash Fast does not purchase.
- Book Cash Fast recommends including additional supplements such as CDs. For some books, these supplements are considered part of the book(s) being sold, as indicated by its ISBN, and may be required to receive the full buyback quote. All book quotes involving access codes must be received with fully active access codes which have not been revealed, otherwise the buyback price will be adjusted accordingly.
- Standalone access codes sold to Book Cash Fast cannot be revealed and / or “scratched off”.
- The book arrives in “good” or better condition.
Minimum Order Size
Book Cash Fast will only process buyback orders with a value of $25.00 USD or greater.
Maximum Order Size / Number of Copies
- A customer may sell up to two of the same title / ISBN within a 30-day period.
- A customer may sell up to $500 in items within a 30-day period.
Book Shipping Procedure
Upon completion of a buyback quote, Book Cash Fast will provide a free, printable shipping label to the customer in PDF format. To send the order, the customer must print the label, package the item(s) into a durable shipping box or mailer, seal the package, and attach the provided label. The customer must then bring the package to the nearest USPS facility (Post Office) or may also schedule a pickup with USPS. Book Cash Fast is not responsible for any loss, damage, lateness, or mishandling that may occur while an item is in transit. Therefore, Book Cash Fast strongly encourages customers to take extra care when packing and shipping their items.
While not required, Book Cash Fast recommends the following:
- Include print-out of order in the package: This increases the likelihood of retrieving an item if lost in transit. If items arrive at the Book Cash Fast location and we are unable to determine ownership, they will be recycled or donated to charity after 30 days.
- Ship promptly after placing the order: Quotes are secure for 21 days following the placement of an order. To ensure a package arrives within that 21-day time frame, customers are strongly encouraged to mail as quickly as possible.
- Book Cash Fast issues payment according to the contents of a shipment, not the contents of the buyback quote. Therefore, no payment will be issued for books that are included in the quote but are not received in the shipment.
- Book Cash Fast recommends, but is not required, customers obtain insurance on their package for the buyback amount upon bringing their items to USPS. For a small fee, customers can add insurance to their package at the counter of their local Post Office.
Shipping buybacks typically arrive at our location within 3-6 business days from the day they are shipped, but may take up to 10 business days.
Payment Procedure: Shipping Buyback Orders
Book Cash Fast issues payments within two business days from arrival of the shipment at our location. PayPal payments are issued immediately following processing. Payments by check are mailed via USPS First Class Mail which typically arrive in 2-4 business days, but may take up to 7 business days.
Payment Procedure: Pick Up Buyback Orders
Customers are paid cash on all pickup buyback orders, unless otherwise requested.
We do not price match with other competitors. Prices listed on the Book Cash Fast website are non-negotiable.
Transfer of Ownership
Ownership of the contents of a buyback order transfers from the customer to Book Cash Fast upon delivery / receipt at our location. Book Cash Fast reserves the sole right to determine the value and condition of any items according to its own standards and policies. Book Cash Fast also reserves the right to resell, recycle, or donate any item obtained through a buyback shipment. The customer is not able to cancel an order after ownership has transferred to Book Cash Fast.
Cancellations and Items Sent in Error
Should a customer wish to cancel a buyback order item(s) prior to transfer of ownership, Book Cash Fast will return the item(s) to the customer for a fee of $5 per item which must be paid by the customer to Book Cash Fast via PayPal or money order. If the return shipping fee is not received within 7 business days, Book Cash Fast will issue payment to the customer for the current value listed on our website less any condition adjustments.
Should a customer accidentally ship Book Cash Fast an item which was not included in the original buyback quote, we will contact the customer via email to inquire whether they would prefer to have the item returned or sell the book to Book Cash Fast at the current buyback value listed on Book Cash Fast’s website. Book Cash Fast will return the item(s) to the customer for a return shipping fee of $5 per item which must be paid by the customer to Book Cash Fast via PayPal or money order. If the return shipping fee is not received within 7 business days, Book Cash Fast will issue payment to the customer for the current value listed on our website less any condition adjustments. If the item(s) in question does not have any buyback value on Book Cash Fast’s website and / or does not meet the minimum condition standards, the item will be recycled or donated to charity and no payment will be issued.
Buyback Quote Errors
On rare occasions, a price quote for a book may be offered in error on Book Cash Fast’s website. Book Cash Fast makes every effort to identify these errors and notify customers immediately after a buyback order is submitted. Should this occur, we will notify the customer by email of the error prior to picking up the item (pick up buyback orders) or prior to the customer shipping out the item (shipping buyback orders). If this occurs and the item is already in transit or has been received at our location, we will contact the customer via email to inquire whether they would prefer for us to return the item at no cost or would prefer to accept the adjusted amount. If a customer receives a quote which they are uncertain of, we recommend contacting us via email or by phone prior to submitting the buyback order.
Book Cash Fast identifies and prices books according to their unique ISBNs. Various editions of books, such as international editions or instructor’s editions are not purchased by Book Cash Fast. It is the customer’s responsibility to identify the correct ISBN during the buyback procedure. Customer accounts with a history of intentionally creating orders with incorrect ISBNs may result in non-payment, account termination, or forfeiture of shipments.
Book Orders Outside the US
Book Cash Fast does not accept packages from outside the United States.
Sellers may only use ONE account. Creating multiple accounts circumvents our site’s thresholds and policies.
Counterfeit, Pirated, or Illegally Obtained Books
Any items submitted to Book Cash Fast that are determined to be illegally obtained or printed will be returned to their rightful owner or surrendered to the proper authorities (i.e., law enforcement, publishers, or retailers).